Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Knit Socks for Christmas


These socks are a present for my grand-mother. I made her a pair of socks last Christmas and everytime I see her she mentions how much she likes the socks and that she wears them all the time. I love knitting for people who appreciate and want to wear my knitted items so I had to make her another pair.

Hourglass RibSocks:
Yarn: Knitca Socks in Brown
Needle Size: US 1 (2.25mm) DPNs
Pattern Source: Hourglass Rib Socks (which can be found in the book Knitted Gifts, but I had it in Interweave Knits, Holiday Gifts 2009)


I did something a little different than what I normally do for this project. I made these two-at-a-time: I had two sets of DPNs and knit the pair simultaneously. It seemed to go by faster and when I was done knitting, I was actually done. I think I will continue to knit my socks this way, but I will have to buy myself a second 9" circular; I really don't enjoy knitting on DPNs.

The pattern for these socks were really easy and would be a great project for a sock knitting beginner. I think these turned out great and I hope my grand-mother likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment