Monday, September 29, 2014

Baby Shower Knits

I wrote this post a few weeks ago, and I have scheduled it so that it will post after these items have already been gifted. My cousin is having a baby and I wanted to make something special for the new little baby boy. I knew that my grand-mother would be knitting something, so I wanted to make a few things that are different from my normal baby blanket gift.


I decided on the cutest baby sweater. As this is the first time I have made a sweater, I chose an easy one that I thought would be great for a baby born in the fall.


Little Old Man Cardigan: 
Yarn: Berroco's Ultra Alpaca in Barley (I used a little over one skein - I needed a second skein to make the second sleeve)
Needle Size: US 6 (4.0mm)
Pattern Source: What To Knit When You're Expecting by Nikki Van De Car

I had to adjust the pattern for the sleeves. If I had knit them the way it was written in the pattern, the sleeves would have been way too long. So I decreased the number of rows knit plain between decreases to shorten the sleeves.

I think this cardigan came out perfect and I cannot wait to see the baby in it!

As a little add-on to include with the cardigan, I made a Baby-Shower Cake. It includes two washcloths and a burp cloth. This is so easy to knit and makes for a nice addition to a baby shower gift. This is the third time I have made this project, and I never tire of the result.


Baby-Shower Cake:
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream
Needle Size: US 7 (4.5mm)
Pattern Source: Baby-Shower Cake by Lainie Hering

I think these two items together make the perfect gift for a baby shower. I will definitely be making another Little Old Man Cardigan for the next baby boy to come along.

1 comment: